We invite you to join us for a special 108 x Sun Salutation-a-thon on 23rd October 2022 to raise money and awareness for Helping Hands for India!
Do them with us online, or do your own version at home
We’re raising funds for much needed items to help our children thrive.
How you can participate:
- Yoga studio owners can run an event and teach 108 sun salutations on Oct 23rd.
- Organize an event in your community and do the 108 sun salutations together.
- Participate from home. Commit to doing 108 sun salutations and post a video, or photo, of you in action.
- Invite your friends and family to sponsor you for the 108 sun salutation challenge and create your own personal fundraising page.
Please take care and go at your own pace – you can complete in one session, or break them up through the day.
Please click here to make your donation through Canada Helps
Create your own personal fundraising page:
- Go to Helping Hands for India on CanadaHelps
- Click ‘Start a Fundraiser’
- Sign in, or Create a New Account on CanadaHelps
- Select the Fund ‘Sun Salutation-a-thon’
- Add a Description and image, and then Save
- Share with your friends on social media!
108 has long been considered a sacred number in Hinduism and yoga. The mala (traditionally used for meditation and mantra) contains 108 beads. The Sanskrit alphabet is comprised of 54 letters. Each letter in the alphabet has both a masculine (Shiva) and feminine (Shakti) energy. 54 multiplied by these two energies is 108. There are 108 Marma points (junctures on the body where two or more types of tissue meet; intersections of the vital life force and prana). These are just a few points of significance, there are more!