We are so close. In just a few weeks we will be welcoming the children to our school and we are still working on gathering much needed supplies.
For anyone planning to visit Rishikesh and especially students coming to attend a yoga teacher training program at the Anand Prakash Ashram, if you have any gently used children’s books on hand or are able to organize a collection of new supplies, this would be a huge help to us at Helping Hands. Just bring your supplies to the ashram and we will take care of getting them to the school. If you plan to ship your items, please send to the ashram office c/o Helping Hands to this address.
This will be a Hindi medium school with English as one of the many subjects, therefore English and Hindi books and teaching aids are welcome. We are also accepting donations to purchase Hindi educational games and books in India.
As of June 2014, here’s a list of the top items we’re most in need of:
- Board books
- Alphabet books
- Ready-to-read book series
- Picture books and dictionaries for Kindergarten/Grade 1 age
- Primary, non-fiction resource picture books, such as books on dinosaurs, marine life, the Earth, the solar system etc.
- Simple, educational chapter books, such as Magic Tree House books
Games and Music:
- Memory games with pictures and numbers
- Go fish
- Guess Who
- Puzzles (24 – 100 pieces)
- Dot-to-dot numbers and letters
- Musical instruments: Flutes, drums, rattles
- Flash cards
- Alphabet posters
- Colour construction paper
- Kids’ scissors
- Pens, pencils
- Water-colour blocks
- Pencil crayons
- Tape or blue-tack
- Yoga mats
- Skipping ropes
- Balls – baseball, cricket, soccer
- Badminton rackets